The use of the internet has increased over the past few years. The number of people who are using the internet started increasing very rapidly and now it has gone far beyond our imagination. With such a vast number of users, the number of online threats and dangers is also high. To keep yourself safe from such things, you need to use anti-virus software on your PC. So, people are using it. There is a very popular free anti-virus software called Avast. It is used by a lot of users worldwide but many users have reported getting Avast UI failed to load message on the screen. In this blog, we are going to talk about how to fix it.
What is this problem all about and what are the causes behind it?
This problem is caused by when the Avast on your PC is not started because of some problem either in the Avast software or some issue in your OS. Here, we will discuss a lot of ways you can fix this issue. Take a look at the solutions.
What are the ways to solve this problem?
- Make sure your PC has Remote Desktop feature enabled on it:
- It has been found that Avast software uses the Remote Desktop feature of your PC. If this feature is disabled, you may face Avast UI failed to load problem. Here are the instructions that may help you to get this feature enabled on your PC:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC (click on the start icon from the bottom-left corner of the screen and type Settings in the search bar. And, then click on Settings from the results.)
- Open the System settings from different options available there.
- Find and click on the Remote Desktop option.
- Once you are inside Remote Desktop settings, use the slider from the left side to enable this feature on your PC.
- Update the version of avast on your PC:
- Though the new version of Avast is updated automatically. This feature is enabled by default but if it is not, you can enable it by following the steps mentioned below:
- From your desktop menu, right-click on the orange icon of Avast and then click on Open Avast user interface from the context menu.
- Once you have opened the user interface of Avast, click on the Settings option and then click on the Update option.
- Here you can see the different options about how you want Avast to be updated.
- Select the option Automatic.
- But if you are unable to open the user interface because you are getting the Avast UI failed to load issue, here are the steps you can update your Avast anyway:
- Go to your task bar and right-click on the icon of Avast.
- From the context menu, click on the Update option and then click on Program.
- After your PC has successfully installed the update, open the Avast on your PC and see if you are still facing the Avast UI failed to load issue.
- Fresh install Avast anti-virus software on your PC:
- If none of the options mentioned above worked for you, you can easily install the latest version of Avast on your PC and see if you have solved your problem. This is how you can do it:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC (type settings in the search bar and click on Settings from search results).
- Click on Apps & Features option and a list of applications that are installed on your PC.
- Find Avast in the list and then click on it.
- After that click the uninstall button and Avast will be uninstalled from your PC.
- After you have successfully uninstalled Avast from your PC, download it from the official website and then install it on your PC. This fix must work for you in solving your Avast UI failed to load issue.
- Consider updating your windows:
- If you are facing the same problem even after installing the new version of Avast on your PC, you should check whether you are using the latest version of Windows 10 on your PC. If you don’t have the latest version of Windows on your PC, you are prone to such problems. Follow the instructions mentioned below to do it:
- Open Settings and then click on the option named Update & Security.
- Now, click on the Windows update option from the left panel. If there is an update button available, click on it and your PC will start downloading the update.
- After installing the latest OS, check if you are getting the Avast UI failed to load message.
We have advised many solutions to solve your issue of Avast UI failed to load. In case you are still facing that issue, you should switch to some other anti-virus software.